PCE3 Seminar Series
Announcing the PCE3 Seminar Series
The NASA Astrobiology Program invites you to share and discover in the new Seminar Series of its Research Coordination Network: Prebiotic Chemistry and Early Earth Environments (PCE3). The PCE3 Seminar Series is designed to highlight diverse origins of life research from all over the world, spark interdisciplinary discussion, and facilitate research connections among the PCE3 community. A primary goal of this series is to showcase the work of talented early career scientists in PCE3 sciences.
The series will begin on Thursday, June 3rd, from 1:00-2:30 pm (EST) and be held every 3rd Thursday on a continuing basis. Shifts in the seminar hours will occur with notice later in the year for inclusion of participants in Europe/Australasia. Additionally, sessions will be recorded with the permission of the speakers and uploaded to the PCE3 YouTube channel.
Each seminar will feature two speakers (~25 min each) at an early-career stage, supplemented by brief overviews and occasional presentations from mid-to-late career researchers. Speakers are asked to present recent research geared for engagement of the non-specialist, followed by discussion with the audience. Our aim is that the talks will lay a foundation for stimulating discussions and collaborations.
Please use this link to register for the series. After signing up you will receive an email with instructions on joining the Zoom meeting. You only need to register once to attend any of the upcoming seminars. If the Zoom meeting reaches capacity, the seminar will be live-streamed to the PCE3 YouTube channel for concurrent viewing.
If you are in or lead a lab that conducts research aligned with PCE3 and would like to give a talk, don’t be shy! Please reach out to the organizers.
- Karyn Rogers
- Loren Williams
- Ram Krishnamurthy
- Tim Lyons
- James Eguchi
- Albert Fahrenbach
- Rebecca Guth-Metzler
- Danielle Simkus
- Zoe Todd, Postdoctoral Scholar, University of Washington, Catling Lab
- Zachary Cohen, Graduate Student, University of Washington, Keller Lab
- Topical Introduction by Roy Black, Affiliate Professor, University of Washington
- Tyler Roche, Graduate Student, Georgia Institute of Technology, Hud Lab
- Bryce Clifton, Graduate Student, Georgia Institute of Technology, Hud and Grover Labs
- Topical Introduction by Nicholas Hud, Regents Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Joshua Arriola, Graduate Student, University of California San Diego, Muller Lab
- Hannah Rutledge, Graduate Student, University of California San Diego, Tezcan Lab
- Topical Introduction by Ulrich Muller, Associate Professor, University of California San Diego
- Ben Pearce, Graduate Student, McMaster University, Pudritz Lab
- Jay Forsythe, Assistant Professor, College of Charleston
- Topical Introduction by Bruce Damer and David Deamer, University of California Santa Cruz
- Damanveer Grewal, Graduate Student, Rice University, Dasgupta Lab
- Chenguang Sun, Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Austin
- Topical Introduction by Rajdeep Dasgupta, Maurice Ewing Professor, Rice University
- Sukrit Ranjan, Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University
- Meng Guo, PhD Candidate, Yale University, Korenaga Group
- Topical Introduction by Jun Korenaga, Professor, Yale University
PCE3 Seminar Organizers:
Seminar #1 with Zoe Todd & Zachary Cohen
Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:00 pm EST/10:00 am PST
Seminar #2 with Tyler Roche & Bryce Clifton
Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm EST/10:00 am PST
Seminar #3 with Joshua Arriola & Hannah Rutledge
Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 1:00 pm EST/10:00 am PST
Seminar #4 with Ben Pearce & Jay Forsythe
Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 1:00 pm EST/10:00 am PST
Seminar #5 with Damanveer Grewal & Chenguang Sun
Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm EST/10:00 am PST
Seminar #5 recording is not available.
Seminar #6 with Sukrit Ranjan & Meng Guo
Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 1:00 pm EST/10:00 am PST